Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

For the repeating date. The garden was in repeat. Replanting retilling, I think. My garden notebook doesn't mention if I had tilled anything up before I tried seeding root crops several weeks back. Which is why I am typing instead of writing now. I have the false hope that the digital will change anything. So I tilled u the bed harvesting some good size diakon radishes and some ok regular little red cherry belle. The carrot sprouts which were looking at least alive were dug under in my ever expanding attempt at ripping out root growth which was everywhere. Thought heavily about digging everything out and putting some sort of ground or landscape cloth down as a barrier but I don't think it would work that well and hopefully the earnest and thorough tilling will suffice. Though in the process and another newly purchased garden tool ate it. The hoe snapped in half. I am done buying garden tools at Lowes. Japanese steel where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment